Wednesday, November 15, 2006

What

What do you know of me?

Do you know my name
Before, now and beyond
What my friends call me
How my family addresses me
How I prefer to be known?

What do you know of my faith?

Of which God I confide in
When there is but only One
For all, only One
The Everything and Nothing
When all paths end in One

What do you know of what I see?

The living before but now no more
Of demons, ghouls and apparitions
Appearing, disappearing, deceiving
Till divinity call claims of rest from them
And the holiest of Holy Ones

What do you know of what I hear?

Dark whispers in bright mornings
Seductive words of the forbidden
Of the everclock ticking towards an end
The comforting counsel of close ones
Above all, the silent solitude of self

What do you know of what I speak?

The limited advice of unlimited experience
Sincerity of concern in designed utterances
Uncertainty masking a stern surety
Of words thought not in the mind
Or do you know me for my silence

What do you know of my actions?

The work of sincere selfless fools
Furthering the cause of justice
And righteousness, regardless
Burning self, devouring soul
For others, my end and my purpose

What do you know of my thoughts?

Cause and effect, consequences of action
And inaction. Everything, everyone, anything and all.
Myriad upon myriad of waves colliding
Coalescing into one before breaking, shattering
Inifinity of decisions constrained by time

What do you know of my dreams?

Waking dreams for a brighter tomorrow
Darker dreams of the sleepless weary
Long days, longer nights and still a dream
Neverending, never beginning, always existing
A dream for the end.

What do you know of my feelings?

To hope, to care, cherish, sympathise
But none for me. Only pain, strife
And constant sorrow. A linger of torment
A melancholic discord of the heart.
Forever unloved, forever unforgiven.

What do you know of what I know?

What do you know of what I do not
When knowledge is my nourishment
And information my oxygen
Ignorance my only bane
Truth, the source of my existence

What do you know of me?

No comments:

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz