13th Nov
Was on a half day leave today in the morning. Needless to say there was some much needed grieving time in the morning for me after my favorite football club was trounced emphatically in yet another away game, against another top side. And some hard grieving it was too.
It wasn't too stressful at work either, hell it was barely work as how I used to know it to be. I guess I've started switching off. Oh well.... it had to happen sooner or later, I guess. Personally, I'd prefer sooner rather than later.
I walked Shirley back and helped her get an ironing board that she seemed to need so much for ironing her choir robes. It seemed a better idea than taking a walk with my usual strolling companion Mr. Nicotine Tabac. Definitely a more lively (and no doubt healthier) choice.
______________________________________________________
At times I do find myself to be quite taken aback by certain comments about the impropriety of my actions or words, especially when it's true. Regardless of the reasons behind my actions or words or the other's motives. I tend to act as how I will, manners aside with friends I'm comfortable with. I tend to also forget that these folks might not be comfortable with my actions (or lack of manners) regardless of how comfortable they are with me. Maybe its just that they've been brought up in a way - set into their system or something rather - in which they'd react by correcting improper etiquettes. Nothing wrong with that at all in my book People are how they are. I just need to be able to react better to their reactions I guess.
14th Nov
Started of as any normal day, as it always does. Went to work in the morning to today and was scheduled to have the afternoon off. All seemed to be going as planned. I continued working without working and even had the chance to sing a few songs in a Karaoke session for the patients. The volunteers who were there - girls from Raffles Girls School - chipped in with a few songs of their own. As well as Shirley and Angela, my Therapy Assistant colleague.
When that was all done I got the rare chance to listen to my recently burned compilation of rock songs CD (mostly rock songs anyway) and catch up on reading the book Harold lent me. All this while awaiting eagerly for the trip home. Since there was nothing to do anyway and everything that I felt needed doing was already done.
Shirley was the first to break the expectancy-of-home cycle when she requested for my help in assessing the presentation she would give later today by sitting through a trial run of it. I calculated the time and decided that going back 45 minutes later wouldn't make much of a difference anyway, seeing as I don't have anything planned till much later in the day. A half an hour into the mock presentation, my colleagues (fresh from lunch) started invading the PT room that we were in. That wouldn't be as bad had my Department Manager not come in as well. Needless to say the situation was no longer condusive.
As I was preparing to set for home though, I got news from my colleagues that this Manager of mine had called for an urgent meeting. Being the good employee that I am (riiiiight), I joined the rest of my co-workers in this meeting. Part of me felt that my time was severely wasted in attending that meeting when I could have just scooted off, unnoticed. The other part of me felt sort of satisfied as the things said in the meeting confirmed my deductions on how things would've turned out. It wasn't a good meeting all in all. Heck, I wouldn't even describe that as a meeting. A dressing down session was more like it. Pretty much blackened whatever mood I had earlier.
I left after that around 2:30 pm, definitely later than I expected but still with hours to spare.
_______________________________________________________
Sometimes I wonder if people even know that bringing emotions into a sensitive discussion is a big no no. Someone feels wrongly done by, fine, I get that. But why the whole pointing/ waving of fingers and assigning of blame, crap. Doesn't help remake the porridge into rice. What's done is already done and one should really work on how to prevent such issues from ever coming up again in the future. What should never be done, is to manufacture more reasons for such things to occur again.
________________________________________________________
Met up with Aru, my Indian neighbour on my way home and we hung out a bit. We shared stuff about work, various management styles (mostly bad ones) and various self-made proverbs and idioms.
It was around 6:00 pm when I was home, showered and no longer starving. And I was scheduled to meet a friend of mine around 7:30 pm near my place. However things were again thrown off course when I got a message informing me that a friend of mine was admitted to the Singapore General Hospital in the day. Canceled the appointment I had and rushed down as fast as I could. I was glad to see that said person was doing better than when they were admitted earlier in the day. Hopefully the time of rest said person will acquire would help speed their recovery.
Went into Johor with Nizam again tonight. Felt bad that I had to blow him off for when he offered me the tag-along role into Johor last weekend. Either way, was a good session and made it a relatively early and quick trip. Even with the usual stop at the Singgah Selalu Restaurant opposite Danga Bay we managed to clear the ritual of Clearing Customs and break into our side of the Causeway before the clock struck 1 am. Which, in itself is a record of sorts.
And that as they say.... is that.
No comments:
Post a Comment