Thursday, November 09, 2006

Social? Me? Riiiiiiiiight........

-> *Public warning - Long summarization post (well, summary isn't really the word to use here) <-

Been sort of a heavy social schedule of late. Not a line I can frequently use and I'm sure those who know me can vouch on that. Introvert-Az finally extrovert-ing ey.... heh, doubt it. It began on the 5th of November and just seems to keep going from what I can see. Then again, I do have astigmatism.........

5th Nov
Had a religious event in the wee hours of the morning, one that stretched (as it always did) till when the sun would just swing past its peak. It was a time of rememberance to the greatest of Saints (for lack of a better similar word) in Islam (yes we do have Saints too) as well as a day of rememberance to our Prophet. Held usually once a year here, this year's event was especially unique in a sense that there were a whole host of VIPs, primarily consisting of descendants of Prophet Muhammad who otherwise resided both in Singapore and Indonesia. In previous years there were also Habaibs (loved ones of the Prophet's bloodline - loosely translated) who attended but the numbers seemed to have more than tripled in this year's gathering.

Fatigue was the closest description I could come up with for my condition upon reaching home. And who wouldn't be after a long 2 hour journey back from the West on our country's great public transport system. I guess it was just supremely ironic for me to receive a call from Uncle Fred just as I was about to doze off. He did inform me a few days earlier about today being his birthday and all and about there being a celebration for him today. Not sure if my batteries would and could hold up for today, I had informed him that I might not be able to make it. Either way, he buzzed, I answered figuring its the least I owe him for missing out on his birthday celebration. And when he told me to hang on to pass the line over to one of his guests..... I had this tingling feeling (think Spiderman) that I knew who it was. "Hello Hello.." and there you go..... Alison's back.

Needless to say I rushed down even though I was going to meet up with Alison tomorrow. Why put off what I can do today for tomorrow, right? Besides, gives me a good reason as any to ignore my lethargy and at least attend that man's birthday since he had been pestering me about it. Had a nice time, Uncles Kasmani and Tony were there.... Idris was there too (the fat one that is), not to mention Mui Leng who helped made it all happen.

Sent them all back before the moon got too high up in the sky for our own good before having our own little palaver - Alison, Mui Leng and me - about the apparent 'progress' our previous/ current workplace has made since Alison was last around. It was a good session I would say, though no conclusion but the most common one could be agreed upon.

Walking out together, Alison split to take her bus home while I continued walking with Mui Leng, who apparently stayed near where I am. Had dinner together and talked I think (and she would agree) a bit too much about the emotional ditch I am in with regards to a certain someone. Gained some epiffany-like insights into what is happening and I guess I just need to keep chanting that mantra till.....well.... keep chanting. Thanks Mui Leng, seriously....

6th Nov

Helped Shirley out a bit with her presentation during lunch and was supposed to help her more after work hours if not because of a 'crisis' that happened to her at that time. Things wouldn't have been that bad had I not been developing a migraine at 4:30 pm and needed a 10 minute power doze to clear it off. And guess what.... the whole Physiotherapy room was infested with loungers who wanted to keep on talking to you, nevermind if you had the face of a man in need of some snoozing. Couple that with blaring karaoke music from the adjoining Multi Purpose Hall and you get Zombie-Az. An unslept trying to pass off as the properly awake. Got into a slight misunderstanding with Shirley. I did manage to get some sleep (yes the rain-callers actually did leave...thank God) and woke upat 7 pm. Cleared things with Shirley, though I was still in a fuzzy like state then and it's all systems go for the meet up at Makan Sutra.

I was the first to reach there and decided to get a puff first while waiting for the rest. Don and Serene were the next to arrive and they grabbed a table. Had this kind of cute similar dressup type thing for them, was a good thing I wasn't wearing the same thing they did. And I was definitely tempted to do so after recent results.


See what I mean?

After ordering a few dishes (satay, stingray and some gado-gado) Alison came sauntering through the crowd. And so the gang for tonight's all here. Had a good time in a long time reminiscing and catching up. Oh and I get to tell them about the new job I'm going to be starting in soon. And of course got to hear about the big news from Don and Serene. I'll be there in June, dude, you don't worry about that.





I've always said that I don't take good pictures but this one really takes the cake. Can you see the almost asleep look ... no? And I've got one where I took with Don that was just too horrible for me to put up. My fault, not Don's.

7th Nov
Finally helped Shirley out at the end of the work day and got a good part of what she needed to present into Powerpoint as well as teaching her on some aspects on how to format it. Worked on a schedule on what needed to be done so that things don't get too rushed. We finished at around 7:30 pm and I walked her home and we talked a bit - she doing most of the talking most of the time anyway. There are still things that I feel like I need to tell her but eh.... she enjoys telling me things and I enjoy her company either way.

8th Nov
Off day for me but I did have to go down to my new place of employment to sign the Letter of Offer and the Non-Disclosure Letter as well as go through a mini-orientation. Wasn't feeling too swell in the morning, think I'm starting to develop a sore throat. Even the HR exec at my new workplace noticed it.

Went back down to see Uncle Fred in the afternoon along with Uncle Kasmani. Brought them a few more cans this time round and had a session that I would have had with him today anyway since I honestly thought I'd miss his initial birthday party. Mui Leng joined us late on as she was putting in some serious overtime. And after sending the two Uncs back, I joined Mui Leng in her office. It's very nice and quiet when everybody has already left. And since I had never been in the main office, save for the front spaces when Alison was around, Mui Leng was kind enough to give me a guided tour of the place. The first and last.

Thanks again and thanks for sending me back in your dad's vehicle with your brother driving. I am trying to put a programme in place to shed some mass so that, that doesn't happen again. And thanks again for listening to me ramble, especially your brother who is probably confused by all that.

Went into Johor around 11 tonight with Nizam. Usual routine, petrol top up and me getting my fix. Shared with him about the stuff that has happened thus far and the epiffany (sort of ) that I got while talking to Mui Leng. He offered his thoughts on the matter and I feel great to have such caring and concerned friends. Thankee much bro.

9th Nov
I had a religious event to attend to before rushing off to do some part time work that night, so leaving the workplace early would be ideal
, though I could have afforded to stay back a few hours should Shirley needed my help with the presentation. She told me no and so I left but I just had this feeling you know. Without saying too much let's just put it that sometimes my instincts tend to be right, which can at times not be a good thing. Though it still sucks to feel like I should have been there.............

Did some research on autism again and am now definitely confident on the theoretical knowledge needed for it and just need the actual hands on practice for when I do start my new job.

Also got into a discussion with Alison about autism that sort of spiralled into something quite interesting. Wish to have more such discussions in the future. I know my mind definitely needs stimulus, especially while it can still recognize stimuli.

10th Nov
Was a relatively normal day. Was prepared to help Shirley with the presentation stuff again after work but with a lot of the other stuff still bottle-necking somewhere along the line there wasn't much that I could do.

Still can't help but feel guilty for not being there.... but eh, what can I do.....


END LOG - for now anyway

No comments:

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz