It has been an interesting last couple of days.
Went to a religious ceremony in the evenings where Muslims say prayers in rememberance of the departed on Wednesday. Inclusive of a prayer for the Prophet and all the saints, it was in particular a night in the year, each year, when the prayers are especially meant for my dear grandmother who has been ten years gone.
I was invited for a trip into Johor with Nizam and his wife earlier in the day but this ceremony was something I was dead set in attending for a long time.
I really miss my grandmother. Too much memories to list here. Good, bad, broken promises on my part. The most caring, unfussy, determined woman I have ever known. She had been through a lot in her life and I know I didn't make her last years or the years since I was born, any easier. I hope what I did that night would make it easier for her in the afterlife.
Got my first pair of really, supremely, pristinely, excellent pair of trousers from Marks & Spencers on Thursday. The fabric was just so smooth and friggin' comfortable I just had to have it. Not to mention that they had it in my size. I probably sound a bit gay now but who cares, I got some kick ass trousers! Would've cost me a bundle had it not been for the vouchers I got from renewing my contract with my current Internet Service Provider. Have to thank Alison for convincing me that a good pair of trousers is better than getting two half assed ones (not that I needed much convincing after I tried it on). Went to some food court somewhere in Orchard - seriously though, I haven't truly scouted Orchard in years - to have our lunch (first lunch for one of us anyway). Shared a bit of news and lots of thoughts on what's going on in our previous place of employment. It was enlightening to know of some things and interesting that we shared the same point of view on various others. Which reminds me, if that thing we keep talking about ever comes to fruition, count me in.
To put it simply, I'm glad I'm out.
_____________________________________________________________
Oh and I've updated The Quill. Even added a last update to it so you'll know if it's worth it to flip to that blog. So check it out. Give me comments and stuff....
_____________________________________________________________
I managed to get back in touch with Caroline, a very close and long time friend of mine from Canada. Almost thought I'd never see her again once she started disappearing off of MSN. I'm just glad to know she's alright after all this while. Definitely going to try to get her number and stay in touch with her from now on.
Went back to my former workplace at Moulmein on Friday (never thought I'd do this after what had transpired but I did - "Yay me!") with two main objectives - See how Annie was doing, meet up with Dr. Pat Lee before she left and avoid as much of the other folks as I could. Well, three objectives but whose counting. Really didn't want to do too much of hi, hellos, how-are-you-doings since I was in a semi-rush to get somewhere else.
Glad to see that Annie is doing well and not too badly damaged from her weekend encounter. Sister Janet was there too and so we had a very good time reminiscing about our time in there, short though mine was compared to them. Past, present and future. I also got to know that their particular department would be shifting out of Moulmein some time in the coming January. I'm glad for that, considering how things would be by then.
Went to look for Dr. Pat Lee next. Couldn't find her in her room and so I proceeded to the main office there and got to know from the staff there that she was in a meeting. So I scooted out as fast as I could. So much for trying to be inconscpicous. I definitely need to try to catch her before she leaves or I could just catch her at her new workplace.
Rushed down to my other previous place of employment of the same organisation in Hougang. I just needed to see good ol' Uncle Fred one more time before I started work. Spent a good part of the evening with him (if three hours wasn't a good part, then I don't know what is) reminiscing about his navy days, years spent in this chronic sick hospital, the numerous friends he has made and unmade during his tenure there amongst many other things. It was a good non-alcohol influenced session - if you don't count the wine he chugged in the later parts that is. And I sincerely look forward to having more such sessions with him in the future. I miss him, I really do. I can only hope that my future job wouldn't restrict me from spending such time with him again, for whatever its worth.
No comments:
Post a Comment