Had a great time at the tournament I participated in last week. Made a couple of boo-boos but its kind of expected from a newbie. I was supposed to register the cards that I received (Tournament Deck and three Booster Packs) before the commencement of deck making but I didn't. Caused a bit of a ruckus because of that but it was all good when they found out that I was a noob. Made my deck wrong simply because I know close to nothing about the Lorwynn cards and lost all of my matches.
Plus points though was that the people I lost to were more than willing to help me learn more about the Lorwyn cards and how to set them into a deck. Basically it is a tribal heavy deck (meaning any one type creature in play would affect every other creature of the same type in play). And creatures are mostly color specific (White: Kithkins, Blue: Faeries and Merfolks, Red: Elementals, Green: Treefolk and Elves, Black: Goblins) with the occasional cross-colour creatures (Giants, to name one). Tribals also adds a creature effect to spells, which is sort of cool.
Made a couple of card playing buddies there too. Though when if ever I'd find time to play with them though, is a different story altogether. I also came away with two extra Booster Packs (one for finishing with zero points, heh and another from a lucky draw) and a Lorwyn Pre-Release Poster as well. So, all in all it was a pretty good experience and five hours well spent freezing in one of the meeting rooms in the Suntec Convention Center. I'd most probably participate in more events and the likes if I ever come across some extra cash.
The preceding week though could have been better. Was called up by my company's HR with regards to my attendance (or lack thereof). And this was one of the better experiences I've had this week as I fully appreciate their concern. I would've done the same if I had employees myself.
Gastric flu's got me beat but not beaten (one of the issues why I've been called up by my HR). Just need to sustain with the medication and I would be fine I guess. Now there's a few days of fasting that I've got to pay back. Oh well, sometimes its a matter of trading off for ones health. I'm sure whoever is in charge up there would understand.
______________________________________________________
To all those who showed concern, thanks. Seriously. I've never felt so much care and concern from non blood related people since my NS days. And to those who wanted to help cheer me up during these gloomy times, thanks as well. Though if you really knew me, you'd know that I prefer to be alone to contemplate when things don't go right. But still, thanks anyway for your good intentions.
Azarian Realms Presents Updates:
According To Az
No comments:
Post a Comment