Went for an advanced birthday celebration-cum-breaking of fast at Siam Kitchen in Bugis Junction for my friend Nizam last Saturday. Had a nice time and was especially nice to see a few other folks that I haven't seen for some time. The buffet spread at Siam Kitchen though was, different. That's the best way to describe it. I've had the buffet sets for some time now and the recent change they made to the dishes...well, let's just say that I preferred the original spread.
Nizam got a Liverpool white polo as a present. Something that he had always wanted, what with it being one devoid of any Carlsberg logos. Which in itself is somewhat of a rarity. It kind of reminds me of the Navy Blue, Carlsberg-less, Liverpool Polo-T I saw at Lavinita around some two years ago. Came in my size too, which was rare, considering what my size was. A bit too pricey for me to get back then and it still is pricey for me to get now. Maybe I'll take a stab at it when I get my bonus in December.
Got myself a (I'd like to say new but it isn't really the word) hobby recently. It's something that I used to be into that long time ago, back when owning trading cards were the in-thing. And I'm not talking about Old Maid either.
Magic: The Gathering trading card game. Anyone heard of it? Anyone played it before? Well, I am - again, that is. Used to play this way back when it was still the Sixth Edition. Didn't really have anything comprehensive enough to be called a playing deck back then but I kept with the flow of things. Somewhere along the line though, I just seemed to get cut off from all this. Maybe it was National Service, maybe it was when I ran the business, maybe it was when I was unemployed for two years. I've still yet to figure out the main cause of me stopping this particular hobby of mine.
Either way, I'm back into it, what with now is the Tenth Edition. Lots of changes in the play of the game and lots of new theme decks and rule changes. Got myself a Mirrodin deck (Blue/Black-Artifact heavy deck), Tenth Edition Blue and Black decks (which would be made into one of my standard decks), Future Sight (Blue/Black and Blue/Red decks). Looking to get the Time Spiral and Planar Chaos decks as well as Booster Packs for those, Tenth Edition, Mirrodin and Future Sight.
And I didn't start too soon either 'cause the the Pre-Release event for the new Lorwyn decks would be on this weekend on 29th - 30th Sept 2007. I'm definitely coming for it. If not to play in the tournaments (that is if I get enough practice before then), I'll most certainly be signing up for the DCI membership. That is a membership that gives me a rank whenever I play in any tournaments or DCI sanctioned matches. With enough points or a good enough ranking, I'll be entitled to free premium cards and Magic: The Gathering products. Cool...huh.
So, does anyone out there play Magic: The Gathering? If so, let me know. I need some sparring partners. Heh.
No comments:
Post a Comment