I'll be ushering in the holy month of Ramadan. Problem is I don't know if I'm ready for it.
You see, not a lot of people (Muslim or otherwise) know this but Ramadan is more than just about abstaining from food and drink for the good duration of when the sun begins to rise and when the sun begins set. It's not about rewarding yourself with a new wardrobe or getting new furniture or a new coat of paint for your house after a long month of self-starving and dehydration.
(Preach mode on)
Ramadan is about remembrance. To remember the month is which the Quran was sent to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). And as such Muslims would try to recite it in each of the 30 days.
Ramadan is about empathy. To feel what the poor and needy feel, each and every day of their lives. To spur you to help ease their suffering.
Ramadan is about self-reflection. About knowing yourself through trying times.
(Preach mode off)
Heh, I guess its always easier to live to the don't eat and drink during daylight in Ramadan rule and then reward myself with fancy clothes come Eid ul-Fitr.
Too bad I don't swing that way.......... *sigh* I'm so unprepared this time round.
Azarian Realms Presents Updates:
According To Az
No comments:
Post a Comment