Been meaning to write here for some time now but for one reason (or a multitude of them) or rather I just haven't had the time to.
Personally I blame the new game I acquired just before the school holidays started - Icewind Dale II. It'll be familiar to those who are fans of the Forgotten Realms series. And yes, I know its a pretty old game but hey, I'm a sucker for fantasy themed games, especially one that uses D&D rules. And yes, I know that I'm prolonging my venture into World of Warcraft but that's only because I've yet to convince myself that paying a monthly subscription fee without the convenience of playing when I am able to, to be worth it.Icewind Dale II is great, though I haven't completed it yet - too busy creating various different group combos to actually focus on completing the game...heh. Which reminds me, are there still people out there, especially in Singapore who run D&D campaigns? If there are, please give me a holler, I'd love to join up.
The game wasn't the only thing that got me preoccupied. In fact it wasn't the main thing at all. Prior to the start of the holidays, I acquired a few (Three to be exact) Stephen King novels. Cell, Lisey's Storey and The Dark Tower. I've been putting off getting the latter of the three because I liked how The Dark Tower: Song of Susannah ended - or didn't depending on how you look at it. But I guess, I have to wrap up this long saga of King's. Haven't started on Lisey's Storey or The Dark Tower and though school's about to get underway again tomorrow, with the fasting month fast approaching (Ramadan) I think I'll be able to squeeze in a few pages during lunch time.
The one that I have started on (and finished - all within a span of two days, mind you), Cell, reminds me a lot of why I'm a big fan of King's writing. Never has a novel of his caught me so much since the days of Desperation and The Stand. More than that, the tale has rekindled some of those story ideas I've had in my head for what seemed like ages now. Time to get those fingers working again. Time to start work on completing those manuscripts and start some new ones too.
No comments:
Post a Comment