
In case the words are too small, it says in English - Let Shanghai bank manage your finances. Bring PUKI home. That's just so wrong on so many levels....
For the non-Singaporeans that read my blog, Puki is a vulgar term used by Malays and Ah Bengs (Chinese rednecks - yeah such things exist unfortunately).
Anyway, after attending Don & Serene's wedding last Saturday, Miona, Harold and yours truly headed down to the PC Fair at the Suntec Convention Center. Conditions were worse than the last PC Fair I attended, which was around 5 years ago. There were tonnes of people and what made it worse was the feel of the whole thing. What with the Ah Bengs using loudspeakers and mics to attract customers, it felt more like a *pasar malam than a convention. With that said, I'll probably attend the next PC Fair at the end of the year, since unlike the pasar malams nowadays, prices of products at these conventions are relatively cheaper than at normal IT haunts.
*pasar malam: bazaar/ flea market held at night, usually involves products that are sold at a cheaper price
Anyway I badly needed a DVD R/RW drive because (and I am ashamed to say this) the orignal Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars game I bought was a DVD. And yeah, I only had a CD drive.
Miona if you are reading this, thanks so much.
So now I've played the game. Its kickass to say the least. Problem is now that I'm stuck at a point in the GDI campaign. Namely Act V - Ground Zero. If anyone of you out there know how to get me out of this mess (without cheat codes) please give me a holler. Namely: -
(i) How to divert the mothership
(ii) If there is any practical way to stop the Scrin without the use of Liquid Tiberium explosives
I also got a free Granado Espada Beta Kit CD from attending the fair. I've always wanted to get back into playing MMORPG. It reminded me so much of my MUDding days. And I've tried numerous free MMORPGs like The Gate To Heavens, which apparently has closed down. And though I know that there are more established ones out there like Guildwars and World of Warcraft (this one which I definitely will be trying out), I just would like to try something different from the usual warrior, healer, damage dealer thing.
Granado Espada it will be then for now. Seems like they will be opening up Singapore servers on the 16th June, so I guess its the best time for it. If any of you folks out there are playing it or planning to give it a go, let me know. We could hook up and go on a killing rampage together...heh.
I'm heading off now, promised to attend my friend's wedding rites this evening. I'll probably post some pics up when I get back.
Ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment