So there I was, thinking I'd spend my day at a particular mall (or shopping center, as us Singaporeans would call them) taking pictures with the Canon Powershot A620 I loaned out from my school. And I got some pretty nice shots too, most of them anyway. Fiddled around with the manual settings of the camera a fair bit, since certain areas were more shadowy than most and others had more glare than I'd like.
Click here to have a look-see.
I was quite happy with my novice work so far and thought I'd move down the levels since I started at the top most level. Did that because I thought I'd be able to get a bird's eye view of the place. Only thing was I forgot I wasn't able to hover in place in the middle of the whole building. Anyway, as I moved to the next lower level of the mall I saw this cool shot that I could take with the CCTV camera that was there......
Yeah, I know what you're thinking, I'm nuts....and you are definitely right about that. If it wasn't for that act of insanity, I probably wouldn't even be stopped but as fate would have it, I was.
So along comes this man, who seemed old enough to pass off as my youngest uncle, clad in a white shirt, dark blue pants and black, well-shined leather shoes complete with a beige, suede vest with the 'Security' tag on the right side of the chest area. He was quite professional and polite about the whole thing, which I respected in any Security Officer, since I've worked as one before. And as I explained to him my whole purpose of being there, he reminded me of the existence of the no photographing sign, which didn't really help. Thing is I did remember the sign and would have taken a picture of it then but I didn't want to push my luck. I made fun of it a few days ago with some friends of mine. See, the sign consists of a cigarette, a camera, a dog and a skateboard with a large red diagonal line across it. Me being the wise-ass that I am explained that it meant that you were prohibited from Smoking while taking a picture with a dog and skateboarding. I, of course did not relay this bit of information to the Security Officer.
He also did inform me about the procedure for the application of a permit to take photos of the mall or parts thereof. Seemed quite the hassle just for some abstract photo-taking. And judging from the way he reacted after he saw the photos I took, he seemed to agree and let me off with a warning.
Regardless of this incident, I'll still pursue with my photo-taking 'adventures'. No risk, no great pictures.
Azarian Realms Presents Updates:
Through The Eyes of Az
No comments:
Post a Comment