First off, a very belated Merry Christmas to all. Hope you got the presents you asked Santa for. If not, let me know. I'll whip his tush so hard it'll match his suit. As for me, it was an interesting Christmas. One that's sort of hard for me to describe. Either way, I came up with another poem. Thanks to the prodding of that someone. But yeah, really, thanks cause I found that it helped me realease a few things that would have otherwise festered. There'll be more things I want to write about but for now .........
So here goes. Hope you all enjoy it.
Is it wrong for me to feel this way
A yearning, scorching, consuming
Palpitations of the heart, unmanaged
Rousing thoughts give rise to fantasy
Infectious desire spreading its affliction
To want, to hold, to caress, to keep eternal
Or for as long as the undying flame burns
And it sears violently so
Is it wrong for me to know
What I know when she knows and we know
Of what could be, should have been
Never be, possibly, probably, maybe
For how can something feel so true
And yet is a mirage upon the wastelands
Where compromise would turn pauper
The most wealthy of minds
I know I promised, my word, my bond
Unbreakable yet shattered to pieces
And through sheer will, my effort
To reform, remake, without notice
I know I said I would not fall
The rushing winds so comforting as I tumble
Hurtling towards an end long before known
Scrambling, half wanting, to break it before it is broken
Is it wrong for me to hope
For what else is there that time itself would allow
No turning back, no driving forward
But to remain and long for what might never be
And how I wished for it as the only conclusion
A strand in a strand of a glimmer within a sparkle
To which I hold, ever more till no more and thereafter
For that is all I can do, all I can hope to do
I promised friendship, to which I barely keep
And keep to it shall I endeavor
For till a time when all bonds are broken
When differences are not walls
Confining feelings, segregating souls
Where eternity and existence are one
It is then when my hope would be reality
Till then let me live in this reverie
For anywhere else is torment
Feel free to leave your comments on this in whichever way you want. Thanks for reading in the first place.
No comments:
Post a Comment