In the everlasting glow of hope
I hoped........
No
I yearned for hope
For an inkling of a reverie
In escaping the mundane
The everyday, of yesterday, of today
In expectation of a different tomorrow
Of times when my thoughts would be heard
Piercing through walled ears
Through shelled minds
Flowing into the hearts of those who matter
Of a time when I would matter
Amongst all things that already mattered
When I would find one who would comprehend
The me in its entirety
An outlet for the fears I hide
A boost for the dreams I pride
Is that too much to ask
In these times of loneliness
For another who knows me
Or must I wander as I've always had
Alone, sifting through the unforgiving
With voices urging calm
Not knowing the raging storm
And the one yet to come
Is it too much to desire
To be understood
When I have fathomed
The polar of possibilities
And all in between
When I have accepted
The faces and hearts for what they are
Where they were and where they might be
Is destiny's cruelty forever my fate
To cast this heart
For countless times
Into the dark abyss
Where echoes be the only companion
Is it too much to hope for hope
Against all hope
Is it too much...........
I hoped........
No
I yearned for hope
For an inkling of a reverie
In escaping the mundane
The everyday, of yesterday, of today
In expectation of a different tomorrow
Of times when my thoughts would be heard
Piercing through walled ears
Through shelled minds
Flowing into the hearts of those who matter
Of a time when I would matter
Amongst all things that already mattered
When I would find one who would comprehend
The me in its entirety
An outlet for the fears I hide
A boost for the dreams I pride
Is that too much to ask
In these times of loneliness
For another who knows me
Or must I wander as I've always had
Alone, sifting through the unforgiving
With voices urging calm
Not knowing the raging storm
And the one yet to come
Is it too much to desire
To be understood
When I have fathomed
The polar of possibilities
And all in between
When I have accepted
The faces and hearts for what they are
Where they were and where they might be
Is destiny's cruelty forever my fate
To cast this heart
For countless times
Into the dark abyss
Where echoes be the only companion
Is it too much to hope for hope
Against all hope
Is it too much...........
No comments:
Post a Comment