Monday, November 05, 2007

Forecast: Clearer Days Ahead

It's amazing how you think you've been through the worst of what work has for you and then it just keeps churning out more stuff for you to clear. With deadlines to boot. 'Time constraint' in itself is an understatement, especially for the past few weeks or so for me. I mean, barely even have the opportunity to update this blog of mine. And you know that if I ain't writing here then I pretty much ain't doing any other forms of writing either.

If it weren't for Nizam (and of course his kind wife Ian, who was willing to part with his time) offering me a game (well, a series of games to be exact) of Winning Eleven on his PS2 then I guess I probably would not have any downtime at all.

From exam papers to mark, Communication Updates, Marks Analysis, Progress Reports, physical restructuring of the Office Skills Training room, jig-making, worksystem creating ........ I guess its enough to drive anyone nuts. This is all on top of the Certificate In Autism course that had just ended last week...... Thank God. I've yet to submit two assignments that are due this Friday though, so I guess I shouldn't thank Him just yet. Am planning to utilize the Deepavali public holiday that is coming up this Thursday to clear those.


Not to mention that I've got a good amount of pay docked for my 'unsanctioned' medical leaves last month. Well, can't fault anyone for that but myself. No rampant spendings till my next paycheck comes in, which would be a long, torturous 3 weeks. Which pains me because I can't get Football Manager 2008 which came out at the back end of October. If there's any kind soul out there who could lend me $60 or so for me to get this game (which would go a long way towards keeping my mental well-being healthy) I'd gladly appreciate it. Promise to pay whomever that kind soul is come the end of November.

Been so busy I've forgot to mention that my younger brother got the new iPod touch (this was like a month or so back). Yes, I know I said that they wouldn't be making any more iPods but this one really isn't like your standard iPod. For one it has the same touchscreen technology as the iPhone, plus you can actually surf wirelessly with it, like a PDA that plays MP3s and MP4s.

My younger bro's array of Apple products thus far.

And I thought I'd be getting his older iPod since he has gotten a fancier one but the only hand me down I got was his PSP. It ain't even the new slim ones but the old bulky version. Not that I'm complaining but the color truly doesn't match me. I mean, I'm more of a black guy than a pure white guy. Got myself Smackdown vs Raw 2006 as my first game. Its an old game I know but that's the only one I could afford. The only part I like in the game is where you get to be the General Manager of either of the WWE brands and attempt to win over as many fans as possible over a season. Get the clue yet that I love to play managerial games?


The PSP my younger bro gave to me.

And just to give you folks out there how stricken for time I've been over these past few weeks. Here's some pictures of the better parts of my room.




Ghastly ain't it? Definitely need to tidy this sty up once the school holidays come rolling around. But until then, these are the things I need to keep sane:

  1. Football Manager 2008
  2. Try to catch up on what's happening in WWE (I hear Degeneration X is back)
  3. Watch Comedy Central (I miss The Daily Show and The Colbert Report)
  4. Write, write, write, write, write (And no more reports please)
With numbers 1 and 4 being the top two priority, though why I didn't put them in the proper order I've got no idea. Oh and though the title of this post did say "Clearer Days Ahead" I guess I'll just leave that news for another time as I think there's enough on here for you folks out there to chew on for awhile.

Till next time.... Ciao.

"And I thought roller-coasters were supposed to be fun rides....." - Az


No comments:

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz