When I truly danced
Did you see me?
When I sang, laid myself bare
Did you hear me?
When unease stifled me
Did you notice enough to embrace me?
Or were you too caught up in some other me
With breath I have spoken
Yet I wonder now who, if anyone, was listening
With strength I have endured
Yet I wonder now who, if anyone, even understood
Perhaps it was some other me you were hearing
Some other me you claim you knew
The me without troubles
The me with eyes, heart, soul and mind for none but you
The me who would follow you anywhere, everywhere
Without even a word against
The ever agreeing me
Of a single minded desire
To simply follow your every whim
Every motion, every breath, every heartbeat
Then perhaps it is my silhouette you knew
My silhouette that caught your fancy
For the real me is a cursed existence
Of logic fused with empathy for all
Where every act of good will
Tears my soul apart
Yes, it was my silhouette you knew
My silhouette you preferred
For you never knew me at all
And how could you ever, when it was never about me?
Did you see me?
When I sang, laid myself bare
Did you hear me?
When unease stifled me
Did you notice enough to embrace me?
Or were you too caught up in some other me
With breath I have spoken
Yet I wonder now who, if anyone, was listening
With strength I have endured
Yet I wonder now who, if anyone, even understood
Perhaps it was some other me you were hearing
Some other me you claim you knew
The me without troubles
The me with eyes, heart, soul and mind for none but you
The me who would follow you anywhere, everywhere
Without even a word against
The ever agreeing me
Of a single minded desire
To simply follow your every whim
Every motion, every breath, every heartbeat
Then perhaps it is my silhouette you knew
My silhouette that caught your fancy
For the real me is a cursed existence
Of logic fused with empathy for all
Where every act of good will
Tears my soul apart
Yes, it was my silhouette you knew
My silhouette you preferred
For you never knew me at all
And how could you ever, when it was never about me?
No comments:
Post a Comment