First off,
Congrats to Nizam and his wife Ian Farah, on the birth of their baby girl, Ian Qalsyah. Been meaning to post this since I first got the news but just didn't quite have the time to. My congrats and well wishes! Hope I can find the time to visit the three of you soon. I guess our Johor trips won't be as frequent as before from now on ey, Zam?
It's been a rather uplifting though tiring (the good kind of tired) few days since I last updated on here. And I honestly can't believe it's already Friday - not that I'm complaining or anything. Just seems kind of amazing how time flies when you're on a relative high.
I've never been more involved in (or cared so much about) my work any more than now. I actually do have a hand in shaping the future for these kids. No lip-service, no just-getting-it-done-because-I'm-being-pestered but doing it because I want to, because it is needed. Doing something purposeful instead of just going through the motions under guidelines set by those who haven't a clue on what's going on. Never has it been more apparent to me that people are trying to make a difference in as right a way as possible. That there are others who are truly concerned about the well-being of those less fortunate than them. And more importantly, the fact that its as sincere as you can get.
Met up with a certain someone since my last post and have had a more than great time communicating with her. I must admit that its wonderful to have someone willing to listen to my inane babble. Though in all honesty, I've been doing the larger share of the listening. Doesn't really matter and its not really her fault that I haven't been sharing as much. Not really much to share, anyway. My problems and concerns, for what they are worth if they are worth anything, do not make or break this world we live in. But once they are large enough to do that, I'm sure most everyone will know without the need for me to say anything.
I truly enjoy spending my time with her, regardless and I hope such an abrupt start does not end as abruptly.
And I guess sometimes what people tell you about yourself is true - some of the time. Apparently I do exhibit the qualities to function as someone in a vocation that employs therapeutic methods - Therapist, Counselor, Psychiatrist, Special Ed Teacher, Psychologist, Social Worker ............ Heck, I've held one of those jobs listed, am holding another and aspiring to be either one of two of the remainder.
"It is only through others that we find ourselves. In them, our purpose. And thus within us shall peace reign. " - Az
No comments:
Post a Comment