Wednesday, January 03, 2007

And So It Begins

First real day of work and the first day of school proper. Personally, I expected today to be a killer but I was pleasantly surprised. More because the students were unusually good in behaviour. Maybe a kind faerie sprinkled some behave-dust on them while they were sleeping last night. Either way, everything went smoothly and I'm undoubtedly thankful.

It was interesting to actually see the school functioning as a school. Doubly interesting for me as it was my first day ever as a full fledged Teacher. Well, an Assistant Teacher but that's close enough for now. Didn't teach much for the whole school day either. Most of it was spent in assessing the abilities of each student in the various academic subjects. Needless to say I was presently surprised at the level they've shown. Certainly makes planning whatever lessons I have for them slightly less complicated.

It was also the first day I ever brought my laptop to work (didn't get to use it though as I forgot we had Staff Contact time today) in a super new bag I always wanted that Nizam & Iannie helped buy for me. Thanks guys. Speaking of which .........




Its one of those now obsolete Compaq models not made while under the label of Hewlett Packard. I just needed a laptop to do my work and writing while on the move and out of the house. Something that lasts for around a year and a half or so till I can save up enough to get a proper Notebook PC. And though I had my eye on a Lenovo for a long time, as always, what I want is not always what I get. Fate tends to like hurling the things I need and not my wants at me. I still have the task of catching them though.

So far, things seem to be moving as needed and I'm looking forward to what's to come. And there hasn't been many times where I've been able to say that and sincerely mean it.

There are still more things that I want to relay in this post. Things that happened in between. In another post I guess, another time. Someone once told me I shouldn't react too fast to things. How fast is too fast? And does it matter the situation?

Heh. Another time then.

No comments:

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz