And the best of these simulations thus far has just been announced for worldwide release on the 14th November 2008. Football Manager 2009, the best in football management simulation that I have ever experienced or dare I say it the best ever in the simulation genre.
The brain child of Paul and Oliver Collyer who in their early 90s felt that there weren't enough football management simulations out there of quality decided to create one of their own and start up their own company Sports Interactive. And they have not looked back since. The 90s was also around the same time I introduced a pen and paper and folded-paper football men Subbuteo- type action-management game to my schoolmates. I guess it was a case of what-if for me.
Either way, I've always looked forward to the next release of this particular franchise, from when it was still called Championship Manager marketed under Domark then Eidos Interactive and still remain true to the original creators of the series when they renamed it Football Manager after somewhat bitter split from their previous distributors and switched over to Sega.
I've included a promotional trailer for the up and coming version of this franchise. The main features of this new installment that has got me so psyched has got to be the 3D match engine, pre-post match conferences, an actual media relations variable and more options in terms of training up and coming youth players.
Enjoy. I know I will.
No comments:
Post a Comment