Sunday, September 07, 2008

Rolling The Reels

And since I've been stuck watching and previweing films, I thought why not just roll out a few films that I feel would be interesting to catch, even if at most here in Singapore, it'd most probably be on DVD. As usual, click on the posters for a link to the trailers of the respective movies. I've also included a link to the official websites where possible.

So here goes:
A story of a talented but wayward young rugby player who is given a second chance at life and the sport that he loves. The scenes depicted in the trailer was either very well picked or the movie does seem that good. Besides, this is the first time I think that anyone has chosen rugby as the focal sport of a movie and that alone I think is worth enough of a gander, amidst the underlying premise of the plot.

Forever Strong - Official Website


A comedy centered around an Asian-American who dreams of the high life in the sporting industry. When thrust into running his parents' table tennis training center, he soon realizes the potential of grasping his dreams, amidst all the gaffs and kerfuffles of course. Good watch for laughs.

Ping Pong Playa - Official Website

If you're a fan of Micheal Moore movies then you'll enjoy this parody of Moore himself and the movies he has churned out so far. From the creator of Airplane!, The Naked Gun and Scary Movie 3 & 4, its political satire at its most fun.

An American Carol - Official Website I've been waiting for a good Sean Penn movie for some time now and I think the wait has been worth it. MILK is a story about a man, Harvey Milk fighting for his rights to live, work and exist in modern times as a gay. It is an uplifting story of how one man's life changed history and his courage changed lives.

MILK - Official Website

The following are my:
MUST WATCH MOVIES

This is quite simply, anime come to life. I don't know much about the director seeing as I don't follow Japanese movies as closely as I want to but if Quentin Tarantino says Takashi Miike is the next big thing in directing, I would be more than inclined to pay attention. And after having a gander at the trailer I can safely say that this new take on a spaghetti western is most definitely a welcome change. A cowboy tale with Japanese actors..... trust me its going to cool....

Sukiyaki Western Django - Official Website
A compulsive gambler is brought face to face with a situation where he only has an hour to live. Faced with the perplexing reality before him, he is forced to reasses his life and the values and priorities that once ruled them. Seems like just the kind of self-realization movie I'd love watching. Simple in its execution yet consists of enough depth in the message that it wishes to convey.

No release date was given though and no official website that I could find only means that I would need to wait a long while longer before I'd have a chance to cast my eyes of this film.

Just like Man In The Chair last year, this is THE movie that I'd love to catch this year in whatever form possible. It tells the story of a young aspiring painter who chances upon his idol and seeks to learn from him. Embittered from his experiences, the master and student each gain from each other's insights into what life has to offer. The reality of existence and beauty existing within it all. A movie of epiphanic qualities and undoubtedly my prime target for this year.

Local Color - Official Website

No comments:

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz