First off, there's the remake of Bionic Woman, showing over on Star World cable feed in Singapore. I've always been a huge fan of the original, that and the Six Million Dollar Man counterpart series. And though I applaud the producers attempting to contemporarize the series, it looks too much like a Dark Angel wannabe from the trailers I've seen. Also it seems that a face lift isn't the only thing that the series aims to accomplish. With the main character still being Jaime Sommers, it pretty much screws up the storyline of the original Bionic Woman saga. What with her now also able to do what the Six Million Dollar Man does, it almost seems as if a return of Lee Majors' character near impossible. To be honest I haven't really followed up on the series, the trailers put me off (the looking too much like another Dark Angel copy bit) plus, I'd rather watch reruns of Heroes than a semi-standard - at least according to me - remake of a good original series.
Next up is a remake that isn't quite a remake. I've always been a huge fan of the original, I mean, come on, it's a thinking, talking car! That's right, KITT makes his return. And when I saw that he would be in an all new Ford Mustang body, I was all pscyhed. I know that it isn't exactly an expected transition one would expect from a Firebird Trans Am, a switch to a muscle car though definitely gives KITT more possibilities. What really peaked my interest though was the plot itself. You see, it isn't a remake in the sense of the word. And though KITT got a major face lift, along with a new voice which I will touch on later, its still the same storyline. This time though its the son of Michael Knight who shall continue the tradition of driving this great machine. The Foundation still exists though the people running it seemed to differ which is to be expected if the story followed the effects of time.
The only gripe I have with this new series is with KITT's new voice. And these next two words, you could probably understand why - Val Kilmer. I mean, can you imagine listening to him as the voice of a car? And the only other gripe I have is that its not getting shown here in Singapore. I hope that it does get shown here some time soon. I definitely miss KITT and wouldn't mind giving this new series try.
Knight Rider Trailer
Knight Rider Preview
No comments:
Post a Comment