Saturday, August 04, 2007

Mission Incomplete

It pains me to say this but I was unable to complete the required number of poems to submit to the Golden Point Awards 2007 contest. It was always a battle against impossible odds, what with me having gotten wind of the contest late into the game (yes, I consider 1 month before the date due as late) and having to juggle a busy work schedule with having to find inspiration to cook up 5 poems in 4 weeks. Add all that to a stinkin' poorly timed wrtier's block. Worst part was that I actually thought I could pull it off, despite all that...... heh.

There were lots of things I learned, coupled with plus points in hindsight of what I've experienced trying to get the material ready for this contest:

1) Be realistic (yeah..duh)
2) Not to publish every poem/ story I've written on my blog (as that makes them ineligible for contest and publication submissions)
3) To attempt to write on a daily basis
4) To find a cure for my writer's block (capture a muse)


So in short, I got to write more. Definitely need to finish my manuscripts.....

Write, read, write, read, write......

I guess that's the mantra I'll be chanting from now on till my muse returns...... wherever she might've gone to.


No comments:

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz