Sunday, February 18, 2007

A thousand miles and longer still..........

Long has it been since my fingers scampered across this keyboard to give birth to a post here. Not for lack of time or inspiration or even words but more a lingering sense of 'its not yet time to write about all this'. Sometimes we, including myself, react to situations too fast. Penning down our immediate thoughts and feelings without actually considering what all these mean to us in the first place. This is neither right nor wrong, it's just that for once (and maybe even a few times more), I would like to give life a chance to play itself out a little more before I actually decide on what I think or feel about it. And so, without further ado (or much to do), here goes...........

Much has happened since and much more that did not, though I'd be dumbfounded if I were asked to gauge the difference. Work had been interesting as always and as always, not proceeding as how I expected. Then again what, ever does? Engaging is the only word my mind could fathom in describing the task thus far. Fatigue inducing though it has been, there is a certain sense of satisfaction that comes with it. And though I know I have not stepped up to the plate in most instances, I can take heart in the times when I had. If anything, the future beckons more from me in this respect, especially since I might (and most probably will) be assigned to the more challenging of my charges

Spent a lot of my time playing Football Manager 2007. Its a distraction that I sorely needed from this thing called life. The only bad part of playing this game is that it can sometimes (most times) turn into an obsession. I prefer taking unknown teams from the lower rungs of the English football leagues. In previous incarnations of this game, it had been Rochdale, Margate and Gravesend & Northfleet. This time round though, I chose amateur Conference North club Blyth Spartans. More for the name than anything else. I mean, come on - Spartans, them's fightin' words, heh. And if anyone out there knows anything about this club, other than it residing in and around Hartlepool, give me a buzz. The main reason why I pick such teams, is for the challenge of bringing a unknown team up and also for the chance of getting famous old fogeys to play for my club. Already I've gotten Iwan Roberts, Vinny Samways, Paul Warhurst and Duncan Ferguson playing for me. And we're sitting well above the relegation battle at the start of the season in League Two - from Conference North in just 2 seasons (coming into 3 now). Not to mention we also won the English FA Trophy last season. I'll probably post a picture of the squad and stuff here at the end of this current season.

Though I have much more to say here, the time just doesn't feel right for me to say it. And so, I'd like to leave with you with one of, if not, the most beautiful pieces of guitar work I have ever heard. Enjoy. Till next time and hopefully it'll be soon.

Andy McKee playing Gates To Numeria

No comments:

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz